11.11.08

I'm back!

Ok, for you who are not in the know (and if your not in the know, it's my fault for beinga sad guy and not telling you) I'm back in South America for a bit of a trip (Late Oct till mid Mar)...
so, even though I wasn't planning it before, I'm resurrecting the blog. It won't be anything too crazy- probably a few anecdotes or weird stuff thats happened... and if your lucky I might put up some photos, if im not too lazy (or if the internet is cheap) anyways, I'll get started:

Punta del Este, Uruguay:

Chilling, chilling on the beach. Chilling and trying not to get burnt but also trying to get a tan before getting to Brasil.
I haven't been up to much here. I've been here the last 3 nights, and, apart from a surfing lesson I just had (the waves are so good here), things have been quiet as.
I'm really looking forward to heading to Brazil tonight overnight (first to Porto Alegre (11 hours), then i'll catch the first bus I can to Florianopolis- another 5-6 hours away)
The ticket: way too expensive... its costing me $100 NZ just to get to Porto Alegre (I miss the bus fares in Peru oh so much)
Talking of expensive, Uruguay is expensive as... It's helped me in some ways though.. i dunno, get into the traveller/backpacker save money vibe... I don't think things are gonna get much cheaper across in Brazil (Unless I can hustle some free accomodation at someones house on their couch or something)... but these expensive countries will soon pass.

you know what? I should give you guys a quick recap just to get you all up to speed on things... to give you some context... So, here we go:
Spent the first week pretty much in Carlos Paz (near Cordoba if that means anything to you) helping out with a conference for Pastors/churchy peeps etc... Had an awesome time there, meet some great people.
Then went back to Buenos Aires, spent a few days in the centre, then two days in San Isidro, on e of the cities that make up greater buenos aires, with the guy I sat by on the plane flying over (a real surfy guy who has been working in NZ on a working holiday visa...great guy)
then I was off to Colonia, Uruguay on the ferry the next day, and one of the peeps form teh hostel happened to be going there too for the day, so we had a good time crossing over on the ferry, looking at the sites, and nearly killing ourselves driving around the town on a golf cart (way too much fun)
Then, it was off to Montevideo, which was pretty uneventful really, apart from getting sunburnt on a patch were i missed sunscreen on my back... I guess I was still out of practice putting it on then as well.

So, yeah, that's about it... I'll keep you all in touch with a post hopefully once a week.

Take care, hope I didn't lose you all with the recap

1 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burning isn't tanning. It's all gonna peal off and you'll come back as white as John Key.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter